Getting adequate sleep is a crucial part of a heart-healthy lifestyle. Poor sleep is associated with an increased risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and obesity. Here are some tips for improving your sleep quality:
- Maintain a consistent sleep schedule.
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine.
- Ensure your sleep environment is comfortable and dark.
- Limit screen time before bed.
- Avoid large meals and caffeine close to bedtime.
- Manage stress and anxiety through relaxation techniques.
Remember that building heart-healthy habits takes time and patience. Start small, and focus on making sustainable changes. Over the years, these habits will become second nature, helping you enjoy a lifetime of heart health and overall well-being.